JustNick Studio - School Layout......well kind of...........


Hello JustNick friends, today I have a school layout for you, well kind of!
I am not a fan of school photos I have to admit and with four children at different schools and therefore different coloured uniforms there is no way I am going to find a paper collection to deal with that dilemma lol!
Each year I go on the hunt for cool and unique school bags for my youngest (the older ones won't let me anymore) and so I decided to scrap this memory and the 2017 bag which I think is super cute!
I love geometric shapes and cut files on boy layouts and so this cut file was the perfect choice!
I have used a mixture of collections and gorgeous bits and pieces from my stash. I have gone for a minimalistic look to add to the dramatic effect of the cut file and the selected triangles I chose to back with patterned paper.
I have sewn randomly on the cut file to add definition. As you can see I chose well placed triangles to accomodate my photo placement and visual impact.
How cute is the bag! I love bears and I love this colour combination and hence why I kept it going through out my layout. I have journaled the little story behind this layout and added in a way I could embellish around so it became more of a feature than an after thought.
I have added wood veneer pieces in keeping with my theme, and oh how cute is the wooden bear! As always I have foam taped certain elements on page to add height and interest. I ted to always do this with paper stickers as I find them too flat for my liking.
I have finished this layout off with some enamel crosses, dots and puffy sticker arrow.
I enjoy being challenged with themed layouts and then thinking out side the square and adding a twist and that is what this layout is all about, a school layout with a twist!
Thank you so much for stopping by today and see you all soon!
Make sure you head to the JustNick blog/shop where there are close up photos of this layout and be able to purchase this ever so cool geo cut file!


Comments

Popular Posts